C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:18:23 +0100
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 17:29, ken barber wrote:
> the investigation is going to show that when supply is
> not meeting demad the price goes up.
>
> is the president going to investigate all the
> countries we import from. hey can we force canada to
> sell us oil cheaper?, vensuala? mexico (we can't get
> them to keep their citizens)?
> we say we are not going to pay 75 dollars, they say,
> oh, well, china will.

My computer says there are 42 US gallons in a petroleum barrel so when crude
oil hits $84 a barrel  the actual cost will be 50 cents a gallon. Now we know
those evil oil producers have quadrupled the price of crude over the last few
years so gas must have cost 12.5 cents before. So assuming the cost of
transport/refining should remain fairly constant why hasn't gas only gone up
by 37.5 cents?

Ken thinks the high cost of gas is solely a result of "market forces" (see
people are stupid and will swallow the line "Crude goes up 4 times = Gas goes
up 4 times. It is pure supply and demand." There is nothing "pure" in the
multi national oil conglomerates - each of which is reporting record profits
"in these difficult times"!!!

Now, just to make you all feel better, the UK price of gas is about $6.67 (£1
a litre) (and most of the difference is tax).

Cheers

Deri