C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:07:04 -0500
Hey Steven,
Love that wry sense of humor and irreverence!
I am still not sure how to answer your first question, but will think some
more on it since you have enlightened me as to where you stand on your view
of life.
But, I do have a question for you. You said you find life meaningless, and
that was confusing, as well as wonderful. I am totally blown away by that
thought? Is it wonderful, because in the end, there are no consequences to
the decisions you make? Enlighten me oh, large brained one--my teeny one is
beginning to get itself wrapped around this concept---grunt... argh..! BTW,
at what age are you?
For me Christianity is certainly a system of beliefs, but it goes beyond
following a set of rules--do this, don't do that---wear this don't wear
that--go here, but not there. There is a personal componant with the one
true God. There are subjuective aspects as a result of this relationship,
but what's more is there is empirical evidence out the wazoo that
Christianity--that is the Christianity of the bible is based in. Not just
mental ascent, but objective proof.
Don't worry about the instant gratification--builds character!
And about driving, writing or typing straight---dont sweat it. Next
million? Have already had the first?
Take care Steven,
Laura
BTW where is Trisha?