C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
James Fee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:17:51 -0400
I really wish people would get this straight, and I don't know why if
urks me SO MUCH that they don't, perhaps its a male virility thing.

There is a genetic defect that causes a lower of calcium in the bones,
children born with this defect break bones wille-nillie...in fact some
parents have been accused on child abuse because of it.  But the broken
bones ARE NOT a genetic defect the lower calcium is.

ITS THE SAME WITH CP, DAMN IT.  CP (simplified to the ridiculous) is
broken nerve fibers.  SOMTIMES those broken nerve fibers  ARE CAUSED by
a genetic defect in the Mom, BUT CP IS NOT a genetic defect.

Okay, I'll go back to my corner now.
Jim Fee