C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:17:03 -0500
Betty,

        I have personally had two periods of depression in my life. One
lasted for about two and a half years and I did not recognize it. I had
trouble sleeping and I have no zest for life. I hated my job and my life.
It felt like I was wading in wet cement, just to get through the day. I
tried one antidepressant and it made a zombie of me. I just "grew" out of
that one. It was in 1979-1982.
        The other one, around 1995-96 was short and was related to about 8
people close to me dying in a short period of time. I really think I
"talked" myself into that one because I felt it was the "thing to so". I
tried an SSRI with disastrous results. Now, my wife thinks I am mildly
depressed most of the time. I think I just don't have the energy I used to.
I do not really see any of this being related directly to CP, but to the
normal phases of life.

Bobby