C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paige Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:06:37 -0500
Joanne,

I thank you for writing this because you brought up something that I feel I
can contribute to in this discussion.  My father ALWAYS wanted me to have
EVERY operation that the Drs. could possibly do/suggest... to "make her
normal".  Now some may say- "Oh, but he only wanted what was best for you."
No, he was/is a VERY self-centered selfish person.  Yes, they fed me, gave
me physical shelter, put clothes on me...  I will say that my mother did
attempt to do good by me, but that is all I can say about them.  I,like
Rayna, have no contact with my parents, my choice.  So, I can't say that I
had "great" parents like some of you have said, but I am glad for those of
you who had good ones.

Paige