C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:56:45 -0600
I'm quite happy with the way I am too, but wouldn't begrudge those who'd like to improve (in their view) their condition.  I'm not broken, I just don't "work" the way some do.  I rather like being unique, but it took me until my late teens - early 20's to be able to say that categorically; like many people!

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities - WIND
College of Health Sciences
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Avenue, Dept. 4298
Laramie, WY  82070
(307) 766-2853
www.wind.uwyo.edu

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950