C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 16:13:09 -0300
Dear Cindy,

  Repeat after me ... "I am da boss of da house! I am da boss of da house!"

  Remember this, humans only think they are running the show. And you tell Daddy
Bobby to stop feeding you junk food or my Mommy will get after him. Carrot sticks
are delicious snackies for doggers, ya know.[and for tubby Daddies, too]
Especially those little frozen baby ones. Yummmmmmmmmyyy!!! They're really good
for the eyes, too; not to mention arthritis and stuff. Apples are another great
snack. I like those and apples and bananas, and peaches and pears. I don't like
grapes, though. My all time favorite snack is a nice big marrow bone. Once I get
all the good stuff out of the middle, Mommy puts other tasty stuff in the hole ..
sometimes peanut butter or cheese. She hasta hide my eye pill in peanut butter
cause I hafta take that whole. It can't be taken apart and put on my food. My
lookers are really bright and clear now. Yee-haw!  And I hafta take Vit C for
gression, whatever the heck that is. Mommy says it means I'm snotty sometimes.
And I take another tablet to make me calm when I get my nails done or my hair
cut. And guess what? The stuff is called Calms :) It really works great for ratty
bratty boys like me who don't like to be messed with by people with shearing
tools. It's gonna take til November for my hair to grow out cause I got a
military hair cut. No matts! The last time, the groomer didn't take enough of my
skirt off and I had a great big matt and I tried to chew it out. Made a boo-boo
on my side and Mommy had to put some owie cream on it.

  I love naps, especially on Mommy's adjustable bed with massage. At night after
dinner, I like to play fetch the ball. I have Mommy trained so well that she'll
sometimes have two play times with me, right in a row. Gotta keep her in shape,
ya know. Another thing I like to do is my aerobics on the sofa in the livingroom.
I lie on my back and flap my legs back and forth lots of times. Then I leap off
the sofa and run all around the house, then around the dining room table a few
times. Then I check out my stash of bones to make sure the cats didn't touch
them. After that, I have another nap until about 11pm when it's hot chocolate
time. I get tastes! I really like it when Mommy puts some Bailey's Irish Cream in
it. She takes that sometimes to help her sleep. I just like the taste!

  Oops, gotta go. Mommy needs to go dig something out of the freezer for dinner.
I think it's tacos tonight. I love em! If I look pathetic enough, she might get
me a fresh marrow bone to gnaw on. Life is good!

  Bye for now.

Your friend,

Mr. Jake (the cutie boy Cairn)
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier/jake.html if you haven't seen the recent pics of