C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:42:00 -0400
ken barber wrote:

> i'll continue with mozilla until i can shop for
> windows 2000 or xp. any advice on which one is better?

I prefer 2000, as xp is just 2000 with a bunch of unecessary crap piled onto
it plus a truly ugly new GUI.

However, 2000 is getting harder and harder to find. Micro$oft isn't
releasing any more copies of 2000 into the retail stream, and the supply of
2000 disks is rapidly drying up. I haven't seen a copy of 2000 in like
Office Depot or CompUSA or Borders in some months. Best bet is to check with
small, local independent retailers.

If you can't find 2000, there is nothing really _wrong_ with XP, it just has
several really annoying new "features" that are utterly worthless.

As to your post about networking, both 2000 and XP have VASTLY superior
networking support over 9x. Networking PCs running either 2000 or XP (or a
mix of both) is a wizard-driven no-brainer.

Brent