C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:00:28 -0400
I relate completely to what you are saying.  In fact, I often tell
people. "God screwed up just enough that I can do anything I want, but
get a lot of special priviledges."  I don't mean any disrespect by my
statement.  Usually it gets a laugh because people don't think of having
cp in this way.  But it is true.  I know I would not have graduated from
college in four years with all the different things I took if I hadn't
been able to register before everyone else did.  I always got the
classes I wanted.  That's a big priviledge!  Plus, I know I would never
have met Kenny Rogers personally and had backstage passes if I didn't
have cp.  Sometimes having a diability definitely has advantages.

Linda