C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anu Arsalo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:37:14 -0800
I was freaking out about all this quite a bit,  especially since I am quite
healt conscious... (into organic food, recycling, we have back yard
chickens, we are vegetarian, definitely want agains the antibiotics and
groth hormones etc.)  and started reading up on studies.  There was a study
and I forgot by who (I'm really bad with names),  that was indicating that
there was a lot of difference,  and that has been disputed.  The best
indicator when your daughter will start her period is really when mom
started her perod. And like our case,  mine was early, Tusku's was a bit
earlier. That seems to be the norm,  not that lots of girls are starting
hugely early.  Now IMHO there is a serious mistake by nature, god of what
ever evolution that girls 9,10 or even 12 or 13 would be having periods
especially with an ability to conceive.  But at the same time,  I don't want
to monger any fears (like I was worried) that there is a huge difference.
I'm sure the guys are modern enough to handle a little talk about periods
and yougn women, being that many are husbands and dads with daughters.  My
daughter's period actually started the night before me going into surgery!!!
She was helped at school by other women,  but the night of my surgery, my 13
yo son was home with my 2 daughters and was big enough to be able to
comfortable help his sister, to remind her to change her pad and see to it
that she did it.  (My daughter has mild cp and Downs syndrome).

Anu and Tuisku 910)