C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:13:06 EST
My post-disability friendliness invited a lot of this. It happened before,
sure, because being friendly is all that's necessary to invite exploitation.
Taking the risk was easier then because it was also easier for me to
extricate myself from an exploitive situation.

If there is a good side to this, it's causing me to work on self discipline
in areas that I've neglected all my life.  It's too easy to despise and loath
the person who would have the nerve to capitalize on another's
vulnerabilities.  It's too easy to take it out on the next person.

Easy, but undisciplined.  I've repeated this phrase before -- stolen from the
pages of a Presbyterian minister's book, "Resentment is like eating rat
poison and waiting for the rat to die."

I can now say, without hesitation, that this analogy is on target.

Betty -- fraudulant CPer.  See my fraudulent CP pic on two -- count em, two
--  websites -- WOO HOO!

Speaking of CP pics, Bobby -- which guy is you?