C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:50:38 -0500
I understand what you guys are saying about men not being allowed in a
women's dressing room.  I don't have a problem with that, and I understand
why there are rules.  We're always very careful to make sure there is no one
else in the room, and to have someone stand guard outside so no other women
come in.  But, if she would have just asked him why he was there, instead of
standing outside yelling and embarrassing me, there would be no situation.
It all comes down to respect.  Oh, and this was the designated accessible
dressing room.  I have a standard 16" manual chair, and could just barely
fit it through the door.  There was no room to turn parallel to the bar, or
face the mirror.  Thanks to everyone for their support and comments.

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."