C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:11:58 EST
Chester,

First, I am sorry that you weren't selected for the position.  It's always a
blow at one level or another for this kind of thing to happen to someone.

Second, the wording you used to describe their reason for not hiring you is
disconcerting.  In my mind it raises the question of whether your disability
was the factor in their decision.  I say this because, as I recall, you
mentioned that concern yourself in a previous post.

Chester, by posting what you did, about their comment that you were "not fit
for the position," were you inviting discussion about this?  If so, I am
wanting to ask you if you think they were wrong in making this decision, and
if so, why?

If you just wanted to let us know that this happened, but don't want to
discuss it, please ignore my question.  I'm just curious about the
specificity of their reasoning.

At any rate, I am truly sorry.

Betty
"Is it my disability, or your failure to accommodate?"