C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:24:56 EST
Hi Deborah and all-

Horse back riding can help almost anyone with anytype of disability.  There
are a few instances it is not recomended and I forget what they are but all
of the ones that you mentioned I know can do the horse back riding because I
have seen and ridden with them.

I think you should look into theraputic riding.  You can locate the cloeset
riding center to your home by going to the National Asscociation for
Handicaped Riders website at http://www.narha.org/

I just checked the site because I wanted to see if there was any place close
to Pocatello (the second bigest city in Idaho) were I am going to college in
the spring in were I could ride but the closeset looks to be at least an hour
and a half away with no bus service to the town and the closest one that I
could ride greyhound bus to the city it's in is 2-3 hours away in Idaho Falls
:( so I guess I won;t be doing any riding while at ISU.  O well they have
lots of other adapted sports programs.

I also checked teh Roffing orginization and there are no Roffers in Pocatello
either, the closest is in Twin Falls wich is like 1 hour away from pocatello,
but Greyhound only goes from pocatello to Idaho Falls or to Bosie within the
state of Idaho so I guess Roffing is out too.  :(

Yours,
Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/cpic.html

In a message dated 11/2/1999 7:05:55 PM Central Standard Time,