C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:47:51 -0300
OOOOOOh, thanks for the reminder. I didn't name the muffins!

Here's the recipe - they're also called energy muffins :)

2 cups grated carrots                        3 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts                    2 tsp. mace
3/4 cup chopped dates                    2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins (softened in water)    1 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups flour                                        3 beaten eggs
1/4 cup soy flour                                1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup wheat germ                            1/2 cup honey
1 cup rolled oats                                  1/4 cup molasses
1 cup coconut                                       2 cups milk or
1 tsp salt

Combine carrots, walnuts, dates and raisins and set aside. Mix together in large bowl
flours, wheat germ, oats, coconut, salt, baking powder, mace, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Combine remaining ingredients.

Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and add liquid mixture gradually. If not moist
enough, add a small amount of water. Add vegetable mixture and stir in.

Bake in greased muffin tins at 350 for 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Makes 3
dozen.

Brownie recipe on it's way ... someday soon! :)

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier
(PS. The breadmaker oven/toaster/broiler/toaster like I have - pictured in Carla's Cookin
is available on web - 99$ CDN/ 74$ US - this thing is great. I use it two or three times
a day, and it makes great bread - horizontal loaf. The machine is front loading like a
microwave, which makes it much safer than the top loading models.)