C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KE Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:34:15 -0400
Oh, Lord, Kathy!  Ours (mine & Laura's) too!  The kids get sick of the two
of us reciting dialogue at dinner.  I think Ken can probably relate, but the
people (and even the scenery) remind me of when I was a little kid going to
see my father's extended family in Hackleburg, Alabama.  This was a part of
the South that never really recovered after the depression, so it was in
sort of a time-warp.  My grandfather's house still had no electricity when
we tore it down in the early eighties.  The film really makes Daddy mad
because he thinks it makes fun of rural southerners, but I think it's a
really sweet film.  He dislikes Forrest Gump for the same reason.  Go
figure.

That just gave me an idea!  We'll watch it during movie time tonight!  I got
the DVR/TV remote locked in my duffel bag, so who's going to argue?  LOL!

Kyle