C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:30:45 -0400
For one thing, Bush needs a chief-of-staff who will knock heads of feuding
cabinet members like Powell vs. Rumsfeld.  Bush doesn't appear to be in
control of his people, nor does he accept responsibility for "silly" things
like the uranium reference in the State of the Union address.  If he'd just
said, "Hey, the buck stops here and I screwed up.  I should have made doubly
sure of my facts before I committed them to the speech.  Sure, I have
speechwriters, but I'm the one reading the tele-prompter."

If he'd said that during the Blair/Bush news conference last week, he'd have
scored big.  Because he evaded the subject when asked, he looks like just
another politico.  Yeah, the "broadcast" networks beat him up, but they're
so marginalized anymore, who cares?  CNN is quickly becoming the same.  Fox,
even though they come off like a bunch of frat brothers at a kegger, at
least has fun with the news and makes it interesting.

American politicians have sounded like a broken record that's been playing
for 40 years.  The Democrats take themselves too seriously (and they are the
only ones who do) and the Republicans, while laughing, only do it on the way
to the bank.

Bush's "compassionate conservativism" is a crock, and his supporters'
brainwashing is only matched by registered Democrats' who have been
reflexively pulling straight ticket for the last sixty years because they
think they're gonna get another Roosevelt!

If I were you, Bobby, I'd join forces with the folks who want to make Texas
its own nation again! LOL!  Besides, the 'Chicks are splitting.....

Kyle