C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:52:43 -0700
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, joanne wrote:

> You know I'm a bit surprised  that this list finds it surprising a person
> with a physical disability can be a top not physician.

I'm not all that surprised, I just think back to when I was a
kid.  When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up and I
told them a Disk Jocky, they all told me I had to be realistic.  So
much so that I grew to hate the word.  So in terms of the Doctor, I
would think she had to put up with a lot of that.

Gary

 Alex's nuero-surgeon