C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:01:32 -0600
Hi everyone:

At 08:44 AM 7/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Just thought I'd add to Mag's list of tips, if that's okay.
>
>When you plan out where the furniture goes put Post-it notes on the wall =
>("Sofa goes here",etc.) - then if you're tied up with something the movers =
>know where to put everything.
>I also pack a box with essentials that I keep with me. Mag mentioned the =
>toilet paper. Also, a place setting of cutlery and dishes, toiletries, =
>Tylenol (I never fail to have a headache on moving day,lol), quarters for =
>a payphone, change of clothes, towel. I never count on having anything =
>organized by bedtime the first day. There always seems to be some little =
>glitch to mess things up!

I'll go one step that's even FURTHER than those already mentioned.

That would be to be prepared to part with more $$$ on a pizza or some other
ready-to-eat (read FAST FOOD) food as I'm sure the LAST thing you will
wanna think about is COOKING!!!

And you can it delivered right to your door!!!

On top of that, if ya can get your computer hooked up fairly easily and
quickly and can get online from you new home, point your browser to the
Papa John's website at www.papajohns.com if there's one nearby so then this
way you can order pizza WITHOUT being placed on ETERNAL HOLD for like
FOREVER!!!!  I have that site bookmarked and use it whenever I wanna order
a pizza (BTW, they DO have the option of paying via cash AND personal check
for your online order, though you may wanna have them call you back so you
can give them any further instructions or in case there are problems!)

Pretty neat huh???

>Good luck!
>
>Yvonne
>Veteran of 15 moves in 37 years!

>Cindy,
>
>some advice;
>
>Tape all boxes on all 4 sides, so boxes don't break. Also keep boxes light
>enough for the average person to lift.  label EACH BOX ON AT LEAST 2 SIDES =
>so
>you know what's in each box.
>
>Go to the apartment the day before to plan where things are going to go,
>also, real important! Take toilet paper and paper towels so you don't =
>spend
>half the night opening boxes looking for the TP!
>
>Have the movers put books And other non essential boxes in the truck =
>first.
>You don't want to pay them extra just to move boxes three or 4 times to =
>get
>furniture in.
>
>Mag

Patrick Cook
KPDC Internet Radio
Denver, Colorado
http://musicradio102x.terrashare.com/
Check out my radio station at
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=kpdc **OR**
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/play.pls?addr=216.32.166.89:24464&file=filename.pls
It's an online radio
station on Live365.com.  Just click on either of the links to listen.
NEW!!!!  Click below to hear the MIGHTY MusicRadio102X....
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=musicradio102x  OR
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/play.pls?addr=166.90.143.142:18888&file=filename.pls