C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:04:12 -0700
Pied Piper

A man was looking around a small gift shop when he
came across an amazingly ugly statue of a rat. As he
was staring at this statue, the shopkeeper came up to
him and began to speak.

"Sir, I couldn't help but notice your interest in the
statue. It's only five dollars, sir, but the story
behind it will cost you fifty." The man turned back
around and looked in shock.

"Let me get this straight. If I buy the statue and the
story behind it, I'll be paying fifty-five dollars.
But if I can bear to live without the story, I'll only
pay five?" The Shopkeeper grinned and nodded. Not
believing what a bargain he'd got, the man quickly
paid and walked out of the store.

A few moments later, he noticed that a lone rat was
following him. He shrugged, and ignored the rodent,
hoping it would leave. When he looked back again, some
five minutes later, he saw that the number of rodents
had grown to maybe fifty rats. A little nervous, he
turned back to his path and continued walking.

When he looked around the third time, he saw thousands
of rats following him. Horribly frightened, the man
rushed to a dock overlooking the ocean and threw the
statue as far out to sea as he possibly could. The
rats followed the statue, sinking into the waves like
stones.

The man then rushed back to the shop, elated,
panicked, and still in shock. When he burst through
the door, the shopkeeper gave a little chuckle. He had
a smug grin on his face as he said, "I expect you've
come back to buy the story." The shopkeeper held out
his hand for the fifty dollars.

The customer looked confused for a second, then said.
"Heck no! I wanna know if you've got a statue of a
politician!"

Looking for last minute shopping deals?