C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:42:18 EST
Hi Mag-

Oh yes I am famous for my major changes...arn;t we all... (this is just from
the time I started college) first I was going to major in psychology...then
became intrested in rehabilitation councling--but I got so fed up with the
state reahb commission that I didn't want to be apart of it....so I swiched
again into medical transcription but that dosn;t offer a bachlors which my
dad insists I get...so I have made my latest switch into health care
administration--which I am not actually formerly in I have at least 2.5 years
of prerqs to do before I am admited to the major.

I still long to run my own business in counceling people with disabilities
and working with them to find adaptive equipment solutions that work for them
indvidully.  I have been chaseing this dream since 6th grade.  The closest
thing that I have come to it is CPIC which could be alot better if I had any
money to put into it--as it is now it dosn't have anything comming in to
support it and it is the equivilent of a 20h week job.  Oh well I am happy to
do it anway.  I just wish I had the money to do research in books and studies
(over $10 a pop on medline) to publsih more content than is there now.

When I was younger about Amber's age I wanted to be a writer and in fact in
8th grade I wrote a nuber of stories and pomes (I still have some of them)
one of which the teachers thought I should try to get published...that has of
course never panned out by the way (partly becasue it has talking animals in
it wich is currently out of literary style in children's books).  I also love
history and wirting research papers...but my problem is I am so focassed on
being able to support myself financially that I kind of let my dreems and
things that I really truly enjoy go by the wayside.

Yours,
Anee

In a message dated 11/9/1999 8:28:54 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]