C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:54:49 EST
This isn't more that what I asked for Beth.  I appreciate your comments.
I've been on neurontin since I was diagnosed and it does help.  It seems to
be more helpful with RLS than anything else though.

I'm going to visit the Birkenstock store this afternoon and at least try a
pair of their shoes on.  I'll report back...

In a message dated 11/26/2001 7:35:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Depends on what's causing the pain.  I know I get plantar fascitis partially
>  because of low tone (my ankles almost touch the ground).  I have to make
>  sure to buy really good shoes with excellent arch support.  From talking
>  with other folks, the real Birkenstocks are very comfortable.  If you have
>  neuropathic pain, you've probably already talked with the doc about
>  Neurontin for pain relief.  Also, make sure you have good support in your
>  chair, to keep from having pressure that may make leg pain worse.  Ok, but
>  that's more than what what was asked.
>
>  Beth the OT

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam