C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:33:01 -0500
In retrospect, I think the man was a nut.  Few people realize how
schizophrenic he was about Southeast Asia, and how close he came to popping
off tactical nukes up north around Hanoi.  He was really weird in his
outlook about the war---one minute he wanted to burn everything north of Da
Nang and the next he wanted to give Uncle Ho a personal invite to the ranch.

Surprised he didn't have Humphrey taken out too...(ref to earlier JFK post).

You gotta give him credit for two things, though:  The heart behind the
Great Society, and his fear of Strategic Nukes.  Had more sense than Ronnie
on that one!

-Kyle