C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:02:11 EST
Hi Marie,

The Rolli Clothing company in San Diego specializes in clothes for wheelchair
users, but they also have a few shoes in their catalog that open completely
on the top, and have velcro closures.  I don't have a pair, but I've seen
pictures of them in the catalog.  This might be an option.  There aren't any
pictures of the shoes on their website, but you can order a catalog online.

 <A HREF="http://www.rolli-moden.com/open.html">-= Rolli-Moden = - Designer
Clothing for People in Chairs-</A>

Also, I found a specialty shoe company on the web that might be helpful.
They have pictures of various shoes on their site.

 <A HREF="http://www.trumold.com/">Custom Shoes Orthopedic Shoes Tru-Mold
Shoes Inc. Custom orthopedic shoes are a</A>

I wonder if the first option would be most helpful.  If the shoes open up
from the toe, then putting them on wouldn't interfere with the bandaging on
your feet.

I wore spike heels for years in my pre-disability days, so I've got tons of
shoes in the closet I can't wear anymore.  A guy I once worked with told me
"Baby, you've got a well-turned ankle."  If I ever hear that again, it's
going to be from an emergency room physician ;-)

Good luck!
Betty

In a message dated 03/12/2000 4:36:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,