C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:48:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/00 1:36:42 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< .  I guess I feel
like as long as God lets me walk, I want to do it on my own and not give up.
It
wasn't a thing of turning it down because I figured there'd be repercussions
of
them buying a handicapped person something - it was just a personal choice.
There may come a day I need a scooter - when I do, I'll gladly let 'them' get
me
one if they still want - but right now......  my answer's no, on that one!

Beth,

    You have a good point. I gave up walking distances by getting a
Handicapped Parking sticker about 6 years ago. Now I can not walk distances
due to being overweight and  out of shape, Now aftter walking any distabce I
start sounding like an obscene phone call!!!

Bobby