C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 08:24:27 -0700
Hi jen, Everybody,

Well, I do not want to fire her as she is the most dependable,
upbeat assistant I've ever had. It's just in this one area that is
the problem.

Mag,

It sounds like a really BIG problem!!

Having done this PCA thing for over 20 years now, I have found
myself in your position many times.  There have been times when
there have been a few nagging issues that have really bugged me
about someone.  And like you, in most cases, I was able to let the
nagging stuff go in favor of the job they did as a whole.

But it's the way you describe her actions when she flirts with some
dude that bothers me here.  It sounds like when she's busy
flirting, that she totally forgets you even exist.  Doesn't seem
like it would take much on the streets of Berkeley or Oakland to
put you at risk of harm.  I guess if you're able to finally let her
know that in very clear terms, she just might get her act together.
But again for your own safety and well being, I would not let this
go on much longer without doing something.

So just a few more thoughts from me,

Gary