C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:47:12 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/2002 12:14:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> It's self-evident whether or not one has CP.  If you don't know you have CP,
> what good would it do to look for a site that deals with "aging and CP".
> Guess common sense can sometimes be an oxymoron.
>
> Call it a bad day, but the original intent was to create a source-point for
> individuals looking for clinical info on the effects that CP has on the
> aging process.  Had no idea that this silly little idea would create so
> much
> controversy.
>
> If this Jonathan is not a geezer, what possible interest could this info
> hold for him?
>
> Sorry, Kat, Bobby, Ken and all.  I know I said I'd keep my yap shut, but
> sometimes something so inane comes down the pike that it has to be
> addressed.  God!  No wonder we have a dozen regulars and 300 lurkers.

Kyle:

I believe you were a little harsh with Trisha. Some parents are in denial of
a disability and when this happens the child and adult are not able to reach
their full potential. I have seen many children that are disabled when they
become adults that become bitter, angry and depressed. We must educate
parents and people in the disability community that we can and are living
full productive lives.

I also believe you offended the entire group by saying Sorry, Kat, Bobby, Ken
and all.  I know I said I'd keep my yap shut, but
sometimes something so inane comes down the pike that it has to be
addressed.  God!  No wonder we have a dozen regulars and 300 lurkers.

This is wrong to do because we must learn from each other and never shut
people out and it does not matter how inane something is to you or anyone
else. We must encourage people to ask questions and help them to feel
included.

I enjoy this group and Kyle I believe you are an intelligent person that just
overreacted. I do not post that much because of several different reasons but
I read everything. We can have disagreements but nobody should offend anyone
in our group and the group itself.

Stephen Allman