C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:36:00 -0400
Hello friends, I am writing you for advice.  I will have NO Insurance
starting May 1.   I turned 24 on April 27th.  I have been covered by my
mother's insurance.  I was under the understanding that I would be able to
continue on her policy because of my CP.  I had my doctor send them a latter
saying I had CP.  I applied for SSI.

As it turns out my Mother's insurance company John Deer of Tennessee denied
me coverage because I have been denied SSI (I have well over $2,000 in a
bank account in my name).  I have some money saved up for a rainy day  I
have tried contacting attorney but have had no luck.  They are like sorry we
can't help you.  Do you know any insurance company that would take me?  Or a
good attorney that could advice me?

The only option I have been given is to continue with COBRA.  But I heard
that is very expensive.  My coverage will be terminated on April 30.  Thank
you for any advice.  Please feel free to forward this letter.  If you need
my address and phone number e mail me.

Thank You,

Jan Nottmeier