C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:26:26 -0500
Hi again, this time I am writing about me, unusual huh ?

Well, anyway some of you might remember me talking about an auto accident I was in last year in May, I received a sprained neck.  Anyway, I have tried a chiropractor with no relief, then a neurologist who has put me on four different meds just to live with the daily pain, and now finally I have been seen by a orthopedic surgeon.
He has prescribed yet another medicine, at first he just wants me to try it over the weekend and see if I get any relief.  It is called VIOXX, has anyone heard of this ?  He says it is used with people who have arthritis real bad, he says "not to say you have arthritis or anything."  Yeah right, who is he kidding ? I know that is where he is heading.  Anyway, he said if I take this over the weekend and start to get some relief that it will help him come up with a diagnosis, any ideas ?
If I do not get relief he says nothing will be left except maybe injections of cortisone right in the spine.  He says he has no idea why my lower back and hips are hurting so much, doesn't think it is related to the neck injury.  What could be causing all of the pain and the tingling in my hands and legs ?  I just want this pain to be over with, but he says it could take years...UUGGHH.
Sorry for the length but any advice will be appreciated, thank you.
Deborah mom of 4