C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ANNETTE GREEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:52:29 -0700
        My daughter, Andrea, has always been on the thin side......TERRIBLY thin.  She will be 9 years old next month and barely weighs 47 lbs.  She was diagnosed with GERD about 7 months ago but was terribly thin even before that.  Her height is at the other extreme.....she is about 50 or so inches tall.  I don't know how she grows so much with so little food going in.  She consumes 5 cases of Ensure Plus each month which has helped to at least keep her from losing any weight.  Thankfully, Prilosec seems to be helping.  She was on Propulsid before but was changed to Prilosec since it will be coming off the market at the end of the month.

My daughter was born with a partial schizencephaly and polymicrogyria.  She has developmental delay, cerebral palsy, GERD, ADD, and is deaf.  We are moving in a week to Austin, Texas so she can attend the Texas School for the Deaf.  Can anyone living in the Austin area give me advice on where to go for services (therapies other than school based, childcare, respite, etc)?

Thanks,

Annette