C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:45:41 -0800
Lawyers & Charity

A very rich lawyer is approached by the United Way.
The man from the United Way is concerned that the
lawyer made over $1,000,000.00 last year but didn't
donate even a cent to a charity.

"First of all", says the lawyer, "my mother is sick
and dying in the hospital, and it's not covered by
healthcare. Second, I had five kids through three
divorced marriages. Third, my sister's husband
suddenly died and she has no one to support her four
children..."

"I'm terribly sorry", says the United Way man, "I feel
bad about asking for money."

The Lawyer responds, "Yeah, well if I'm not giving
them any money, why should I give you any?"

Be a better pen pal.