C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Norris Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:03:31 -0800
since somebody wanted to make light of
mr jackson jailing this morning here on this web sight
this is something for all of you to think about
making jokes about somebody elses problems is not funny
being disabled, one would think that they would be more sensitive to
others

RESPECT IN AMERICA

In the last twenty years we have observed America and Americans losing respect, Respect for themselves and respect for this nation.

We are losing the very thing that kept this country together for over two hundred and fifty years. The United States was a loving and respectful nation. What has happen to the people who live in the United States of America?

Are we losing the art of respect too?

American teenagers are having sex and raising children before they can read or write. They get involved in serious relationships before they have their first stable-paying place of employment. Have you watched television recently? Have you notice how many programs show couples having intimate relations with very little imagination left to the viewer. These shows aired every single night sometimes every single hour. Actions such as these speak very clearly of the total disrespect for the sanctity of marriage between to adults.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE !!!!

Crimes, murder, rape, and robberies rule the airways of our networks. We have one famous show now that has four different spin-offs all under the title "LAW and ORDER". This has become the number one rated show in our nation. Some people watch the 90’s TV show "COPS" for fun and entertainment. This show is about real people getting arrested for doing stupid acts. They get caught in the middle of the act. How sick can one be to sit and watch a show like that? Think about it these crime shows teach people how to commit a crime. Like it or not we are breading better criminals because all they have to do is turn on the television to learn how.

America you are now also breading children that will not respect the law.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

In the 1970’s President Richard Nixon set the tone with The Watergate Scandals. Mr. Nixon was not satisfied with winning the 1972 National Elections he wanted to make sure, so he told others to bug The Democratic National Committee at the Watergate Complex in Washington D.C. The Nixon Administration had committed piracy in the first degree. A CRIME.

This simple act set the tone for America and it’s future. Mr. Nixon did leave the White House not paying for his criminal act against America. The Nixon Administration had no respect for the people of the United States. This created a tone that has continued in the following years.

In the 1980’s President Reagan defied a congressional act by forbidding anyone to sell arms to Iraq, Iran, and the Contras of Central America. These countries were our political enemies at that time. Well, The Reagan Administration sold them anyway and now our America soldiers are being shot at with these very same weapons in the Middle East.

Politicians are stealing elections at an alarming rate. The 2000 Florida national elections should still be in question. We should be investigating the election of our current President, President Bush. Why were they in such a hurry to close this election? Do we really know how many people in the state of Florida did not get a chance to vote for the future of America? This is an American’s basic right. These same politicians in the White House are now lying to the American public everyday. The Bush Administration trying to create mis-information for their own personal war against Saddam Hussein, and using American military fire power to get their way. This is the misuse of power and total disrespect for the people of the United States.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

Other politicians are just recalling elected officials when the mood hits them or when they just disagree with the current leader. What happen in the State of California this fall was a complete disgrace, a disgrace to the democratic election process of the United States.

This political action showed disrespect to the office of the Governor of the State of California. It showed disrespect to the person in the office of governor, and disrespect to the election process in America. To conclude it showed disrespect to the people whom voted for the man in the office of Governor for the State of California. The Current Governor Elect and the Republican Party should have waited like everybody else until the end of Gray Davis’s term. Then all political parties could challenge Gray Davis’s State policies.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

Meanwhile other elected city officials appoint their buddies to positions of power while the mayor is out of town. Two weeks ago Mayor Willie Brown of San Francisco went on a business trip to Asia for a week Vice-Mayor Chris Daly made two appointments to different city commissions. Mr. Daly did this without consulting Mayor Brown or anybody else. This young politician did this on his own. This young man did not respect the office of the Mayor of San Francisco. Nor did Mr. Daly respect Mayor Brown the elected official. And finally he did not respect the City and County of San Francisco and totally disrespected the people of San Francisco by his actions.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

We are losing respect in every sector of America life.

Big corporations steal money from their own workers money to keep their business running. Steel companies on the East Coast fail to give fired workers their well-earned life pensions. World Com, Enron, and other companies have put their executives first and "be damned" the workers. Big cooperate shoe companies like Nike, Reebok, KSwiss, and Champion, exploit their workers by paying them pennies on the dollar in Southeast Asia. While the executives of these same shoe companies make millions of dollars in America. Many of these workers are Asian females. Their jobs expose these young Asian female workers with toxic chemicals that could kill them in the future. Chemicals that render their young bodies sterile, a sad tail for any woman anywhere in the world. These women are never given the chance to produce a family of their own. They were not given the choice because of their economic status, these woman have to make money to support their families (mother and father).

This thoughtless act by these Mega cooperate shoe companies could be looked at as disrespectful to the Southeast Asian Community. Not caring about the heath and welfare of the workers in Southeast Asian sweatshops

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

Warren Sapp of the National Football League’s Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers gets fine four hundred and fifty thousand dollars last week for running into the referee twice and skipping through the Ind. Colts warm up session before a game. Sapp makes statements to the press that the NFL is where the new slave masters rule. Again if you had respect for the game and the other team one would not be skipping through the other teams warm up session. One would not bump into the referee unless he or she was pushed into the referee. Sapp did this on his on without provocations. Warren Sapp knew the rules the NFL had in place for such incidents. In an interview last week Warren Sapp stated that the National Football League is the new "slave market", a new Roman Coliseum for the American masses to watch on Sunday afternoons. I think it’s a shame that he (Sapp) has to revert to the slave and slave masters’ historical train of thought to get his point across. Most African Americans know
 what Mr. Sapp was saying but we all feel that he could have done it a different way.

Mr. Sapp disrespected the National Football League, its players, the fans, and the African American community through his acts and statements.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE !!!!

The African Community is not immune to this malady of lack of respect. Young male gang bangers have little or no regard where their stray bullets go in a street driveby. Many innocent bystanders die because of their careless acts. Human life is meaningless to these young thugs. But this malady is deeper that that they (young gang bangers) have little respect for the law, little respect for their elders, and little respect for their own mothers and fathers, their own sisters or brothers.

Lack of respect for human life. Drugs and money have more meaning then life and that is disgraceful.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

This weekend CNBC did a story on American Marines in Iraq. They followed this company for a week and one thing came through loud and clear. Kill at all cost. In one part of the show a platoon of Marines were pin down behind a brick wall and they were firing back at three Saddam loyalists who had Soviet made AK 47 rifles. Two of the loyalists were shot and killed by the Marines another Iraqi rebel got hit in the upper chest and was clearly wounded. At first he did not move then you could hear him moan in pain. The American troops stop shooting and just watched him. It was very quiet all you could hear was the wounded man on the ground. Now one would think the Marines are going to get this wounded enemy solider like in past wars and take him to a military hospital, interrogate him, get information about other rebel fighters in the area. This I thought was the American way, help the wounded be it friend or foe.

Instead when the wounded man turn around to face the Marines all the men in that platoon open up, firing their M- one rifles with everything they had killing him instantly. That did not brother me because I know its war and you have to do things you don’t want to do. It was after the shooting that showed me that America and Americans are in serious trouble. All of the men started laughing, yelling, and screaming, "yea we got his A**", they stated, "another good dead Iraqi".

This was an act that lacked respect for human life, even in war. After this Iraqi was shot he was a wounded man so what was the point of killing him? Are we simulating the Palestinian suicide bombers in Israel? I thought it was against the Geneva Convention Rules of War to shoot at wounded soldiers.

One would also ask the question how times has similar incidences occurred in Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and the former Yugoslavia?

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!

America has a very serious problem that we cannot ignore. We see it in the streets, we see it on the freeways, and we see it in our homes, we see it in our schools, we see it in our churches and we see it on television.

Parents, LEAD BY EXAMPLE: - teach your children respect, honor, and dignity.

To the Politicians, LEAD BY EXAMPLE: - Americans are looking to you for guidance. Play fair, play by the rules.

To the World of Entertainment and Sports, LEAD BY EXAMPLE: - Raise your moral standards through your arts, music, and sports, be responsible for what you produce. Your words are very powerful so use them wisely. Like my brother Frank Willams stated on Gibbs Magazine last week

To the Church, LEAD BY EXAMPLE: - guide us to a better life. Pick up the touch that was held by the Civil Rights movement. The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. would have expanded the scope of social remedies to encompass the economics and political inequities by American minorities.

Open the eyes of all Americans about other religions and faiths. Teach Americans to honor and respect all faiths and religions.

Help with the current world struggle for peace between The Islamic World and The Christian World.

To the American people, LEAD BY EXAMPLE: - my fellow Americans we can no longer say, "I’ll let the other guy do it". Sorry, not just the Asian American, not just the African American and nor the Latino American but Americans. We have to do it ourselves and it will not be easy because there are forces of evil in our country that do not want good Americans to succeed in this endeavor. We have to put America back on the right track the track of goodness and peace. The road to hope and joy, this endeavor is in our hands.

2004 is a year of decision.

Are you going to LEAD BY EXAMPLE?

THAT IS THE GRAYLINE!!!!

gary norris gray