C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:11:09 -0400
Linda, I think we have to be congnizant of creating generations of
"victims".  In the 60s society started to realize that there were groups
of people (the disabled, ethnic groups, etc.) that were disenfranchised
and steps were made to bridge the divide.  However, I believe that the
pendulum has swung too far in the other direction and we've created for
ourselves a "culture of complaint".  You and Kat both allude to striking
a balance in these issues.