C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:28:18 -0400
OK, I see now.  I was wondering if you thought of yourself as being ill, or
perhaps trying to clarify what someone else said or wrote.

Where on Yahoo did you see this?  Do they have a CP group which includes
"illness" in its description?  You might want to write the moderator and
suggest she correct that terminology.

I pick my battles, so to speak.  I don' t attempt to correct every single
misconception I see about CP in a paper or on the Web.  If someone is
speaking to me, or in a presentation, and uses the word "illness," or
"disease,"  I'll make an effort to press the case for calling CP a
"condition."  However, it's a futile effort to correct everyone, IMHO.  I
just hope by educating a small number of people, I can educate a few more.

            Kathy S.