C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:45:07 -0700
I don't have it yet. I'm in a program through section 8 and home of your
own... I need to raise one percent, and in this locale, that's one percent
of 250.000 that I qualify in loans for, and then my trust will also
contribute some, so hopefully I can find a 2 bedroom fully accessible place
for around 285,000.  There sure ain't much for exactly 250,000 in Oakland,
but I was looking at the next price range and there are more possibilities.
If I can't find what I need in Oakland, I will apply at the Alameda county
HUD office, that way I have more of a range in areas, from San Leandro,
Hayward, Berkeley, emeryville... I'd love it if I could find something good
in Emeryville as it's a growing city, and hopefully they have followed
calif's new universal design laws. In any case, I need to arrive at 2,000
then take some home ownership classes, then start searching.  Luckily, I
have some wonderful friends and family who are donating to the cause.

Pam has already been going through the program. How is it going, Pam?

Mag

Catch you later!

GOT TO