C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:42:00 -0400
I think part of the problem is that so many things are being newly defined and
redefined, old ideas are falling by the wayside, leaving us patients
thouroughly confused.  I know that the CP diagnosis used to be rather cut and
dried, but now it looks as if the paramaters are constantly shifting.  Older
children are being diagnosed with CP and people who were formerly classified
as CPs are now being diagnosed with dystonia.  However the dust should settle
at some point (I hope!).

Kat