C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:48:08 -0500
I find it amusing and more than a little ironic that the only people who
ever seem to find the term "neoconservative" perjorative are...
neoconservatives.

Would it have read any better if I has typed "...I hope all of our resident
Republicans..." or "...resident right-wingers..." or "...resident members of
the socio-politcal right..." ?

I would love for someone to give me a URL to just about any credible
article, essay, or other document that explains why "neoconservative" is a
dirty word. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm serious about not getting it. I
hear that word used all the time BY CONSERVATIVES. Is it like the "N-word"
and African-Americans, maybe? Y'all can use it but we can't?

Rather than dismissing me, educate me.

And on this MD's not knowing anything about cp issue, well all I can say is
y'all have way more tolerance for professional incompetence than I do.
Perhaps that's why I've been through more than a few MD's, but my first
litmus test with any new doc is a little Q&A about cp. If s/he fails, it's
time to start shopping again.

Brent