C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 01:49:29 EST
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling very tribal today.  In light of that, I would like to share the
subject idea with you and hopefully get some feedback.  I posted something on
tell-us-your-story.com about this, but I want to broadcast it to a larger
audience.

This has been on my mind for several months now, and Trisha's postings about
the various celebrations this time of year brought my thoughts to the
forefront of my thinking.

The thing about the disability community that makes me feel bad is that we
are not gathered together in geographical communities.  Moreover, we have
divisions, sub groups if you will, based on our specific disabilities.  Even
though we have geographical and disability-specific separations though, we
are still the community of PWDs.  I really think an annual observance would
help to unify us even more in spirit.

Here is the link to the post I was talking about.  If anyone is interested in
doing this, I'd love to hear from you.  I think this could be a good thing to
do.

Thanks - Betty
 <A HREF="http://www.tell-us-your-story.com/_disc99r/00000006.htm">Disability
Culture Annual Observance</A>