C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:11:45 -0600
Laura,

Welcome to the group!  I'm Kendall, 49, with CP and also hydrocephalus.  I
was born in 1960 when shunting for hydrocephalus was still in it's early
stages.  My wife also has CP.  The neurosurgeon who placed my first shunt
told my parents I'd probably have CP, and he was right.  My CP was fairly
mild, and I wasn't "officially" diagnosed until I was almost 3. Since I
wasn't walking yet, it was a fairly easy diagnosis.  I had neck dystonia and
the official CP diagnosis was spastic diplegic, as I have bilateral tone and
spasticity in my legs.  I went through school in normal or AP classes, and
graduated with a degree in political science from the University of Wyoming,
where I now work.  There's more to my story, but let's hear more of yours
and Seth's...

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.