C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:30:01 EST
Hi all-

Boy you could say that I have had a very long week and this is why youv'e not
heard from me in ages.  But I just have to tell you about my week it's been
full of grins.

MOnday was prety normal, I went to PT and then to my health care professions
class.

Tuesday I was gone all day long seeing as I had math at 8 and an economics
test at the disabilities centere at 11.  Then I thought it would be just as
essy to go over to the student union and study because I had an appointment
at the student health center at 3pm which is right across from the student
union and gravely hall were the test was.  So then i wait around till 3
luckly one of my firends that I have made here comes along and I talk to him
for a cuple of hours don't wory there is nothing going on) he is 2x as old as
me and we are just  friends becasue we have a class together and he has cp
and he uses the same doc as me.   Anyway so then I go over to see the Dr
because  he said to come back in a month to see how my back pain was doing,
and I told him that I had had an appitite decreece and had also been having
some gaging problems and some digestive problems.  Turns out I had lost 14
pounds in a month!  And my BP was 170/92 which is extreemly high for those of
you who are not fimiler with vitals.  Now when I went  to see him inicially
in January my BP was like 120/80.  And BP runs low in my family.  So I have
to go back in 2 weeks because of both the weight and bp issues.   Then after
that I went to my seated areobics class, so I did not get back home that day
till 7 PM!

Wait it get's even better...

Wensday the van that the ADA center runs forgot to pick me up for my noon
class so I got there 20 minutes late!  :) LOL!  Then I was volenteering at
the hospital from 2-4 PM.  We have to do 16 hours of voluteer work in a
health care setting for my medical proffessions class.

Thursday I had a dental hygeine appointement which ran over and almost ran my
late for areobics.  Good news there is that they check you vitals as part of
there exam and my bp was down to 150/92 better then on Tuesday but not great.

Friday not much happend except the reacher I got from the local DME supplier
is too short and has no rubber on the tip so i have to return it and get
another one.  And I had ordered some new caps for the break extensions on my
wheelchair and they brought the wrong kind so they have to re order those.

I am just loving it all!

Take care,

Anee
Webmaster of CPIC