C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:27:55 -0500
Speaking from personal experience, I am an adult surviorer of child abuse-
physical,emotional and mental.  My mother has yet to apologize or even admit
to it, and my dad is just as bad by standing by and let it happen to me and
my sister(whom he sexually abused).  My brother was never messed with, but
did become an alcoholic at age 15.
Now we find out that my mother is suffering from sort of mental condition
which is progressively getting worse.  It doesn't help my father hitting on
her either.
Maybe that is why I strongly oppose any type of physical punishment.  I
cringe and almost cry every time my husband ends up spanking one of the
children.  It is a very fine line between discipline and abuse, but you will
know when you crossed the line.
Deborah mom of 4