C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:46:47 EDT
No, kat, Segways would have to follow the rules of traffic. Bike lanes could
hold Segways as well.  A segway weighs 80 pounds, kat, it goes twice as fast
as my power chair. When I'm rolling on a street with people, I usually go about
5 mph ... sometimes if a sidewalk is busted I will use the bike lanes and
then I go as fast as I can, 10 mph.

Question for all; How many of us have almost been hit in our wheelchairs by
drivers talking on cellphones? I sure have many times!   it's a cause of my
gray hair!

Mag