C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:47:02 EDT
Hi all,

I'm just curious - how do you guys respond to the stupid things people say
as brought up in recent posts.

Rather than asking what specifically you say, I'm asking how you treat  these
people after they've shown their stupidity.  Have any of you ever  gone on to
be friends with these people?

The reason I ask - I usually give people a chance or two, but when they
continue to be stupid, that's the end.  However, if they are unusually  stupid or
rude, I pull away then and there.  I'm wondering if I should  re-think that
and give everyone several chances.  In my experience though,  if someone is
really stupid once, the chance of a relapse is high.

What do you all think ?(and if this email isn't clear, just ask me what the
heck I'm trying to say).

Thanks
Susie