C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:56:10 -0400

From: Cerebrum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: August 23, 2011 09:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science - August 2011

Image removed by sender.

Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science

August 2011

Image removed by sender.

Dear Cerebrum Reader,

A new article in Cerebrum's 2011 web edition is now available.

Image removed by sender.

 <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,eh0y,fny5,dlq4,m3a0> Image removed by sender.

 <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,eh0y,fny5,dlq4,m3a0> Using Brain Imaging to Unravel the Mysteries of Stuttering

By Soo-Eun Chang, Ph.D.

While researchers have made great strides in understanding stuttering in adults, the neural basis of stuttering in children largely remains a mystery. We do not yet know why up to 80 percent of children who stutter recover without intervention, nor do we know how to distinguish those who will recover without intervention from those who will not. However, recent findings support the idea that early intervention can alter or normalize brain function before stuttering-induced changes become hardwired.

Image removed by sender.

 <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,hj7i,g4q3,dlq4,m3a0> Also in Cerebrum

We hope you enjoyed our July article,  <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,aydz,lu89,dlq4,m3a0> "Designing a Plan for Drug Discovery in Rare Pediatric Neurodegenerative Disease" by Danielle Kerkovich, Ph.D., and Amy Drew. This and all 1998-2011 articles and book features are available in our  <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,5xld,izb3,dlq4,m3a0> Web edition archive.

Image removed by sender.

 <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,5s31,5k6w,dlq4,m3a0> On the Dana website

Now available on Dana.org:  <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,3z15,94tq,dlq4,m3a0> "Why Working Memory May Fade" describes new research into why older people may have particular difficulty multitasking. Also,  <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,7vcq,71fa,dlq4,m3a0> "Neural Network Mimics Schizophrenia-like Dopamine Release in the Brain" explores how problems in learning and excess dopamine release can confuse the way schizophrenics remember language and events, eventually building up to psychosis.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender. Dana Foundation

Cerebrum - Opinion on brain science that can change your mind

212-223-4040
 <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,hj7i,g4q3,dlq4,m3a0> http://www.dana.org/news/cerebrum/
Follow Dana on Twitter:  <http://email.dana.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=awru,s63s,594,ffhb,cbtm,dlq4,m3a0> @dana_fdn

Image removed by sender.