C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:51:06 -0400
------Original Message------
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] (pamela byrd),
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask] (Jan Nottmeier), [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] (Kathy Hilts),
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
(Trish Patterson), [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask] (Stephanie Courtney), [log in to unmask]
Sent: April 24, 2001 4:47:25 AM GMT
Subject: Truer Words Were Never Spoken!!!

TOP TEN THINGS VISITORS DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT CHATTANOOGA, TN:

> > 10. Our public airport terminal isn't for flying out of, it's just a
> big,
> > pretty, expensive building that's for lookin' at.
> > 9. Any road can change names without any warning, rhyme or reason. (See
> > Brainerd, Lee, Mcallie, etc...) so if you're lost, get used to it.
> > 8. The secondary roads were laid out by releasing a goat, then following
> > it with a bulldozer.
> > 7. All train crossings remain quiet and untraveled until you are 15
> > minutes late, at which point a 120-car train stops halfway through,
> backs up and pulls forward several times while you contemplate turning
> around like the
> > vehicles behind you did. (You can rest assured that when you do turn
> > around, the last thing you'll see in your rear view is the caboose going
> by.)
> > 6. Road construction employees have been known to begin their careers
> > right out of high school and retire at 62 within the span of a single
> Hamilton
> > county road project. No one even thinks this is unusual anymore.
> > 5. When you say "I live on THE mountain" you are speaking of Lookout
> Mtn.
> > When you say "a mountain" it could be Signal, Elder, White Oak, etc...
> If
> > you reside anywhere in the valley you are "ditch people."
> > 4. Chattanooga is pronounced "chat-a-noog-a". If you pronounce it
> > "chat-nooga" you are obviously from "up north" and are branded an
> outsider
> > for life. See "Wutwull" (not Whit-well), "Lufayet" (not La-fee-et), or
> > "Fallin'-wadder" (Falling Water) for reference.
> > 3. If there is even the slightest inkling of a chance of snow, schools
> > will close without warning. (My personal belief is that the local
> weathermen
> > are on the payrolls of  Bi-Lo, Food Lion and company since a prediction
> of
> > snow causes every self-respecting Southerner to flock to the grocery
> stores as if we would be trapped in the house for a month. Never mind that
> there's a
> > Golden Gallon store 200 yards from every home in Hamilton County. And
> the
> > employees never go home. Ever. I've seen the same girl in our
> neighborhood store at every conceivable hour for 6 years, but I digress...
> > 2. When four locals meet at the approximate same time at a 4-way stop,
> it
> > will take a small eternity for everyone to stop being polite (motioning
> > "you first") and just go on through.
> > 1.   The downtown aquarium was designed with a slanted roof for one
> > important  reason. It's to keep the locals from fishin' out of it!

"Mental toughness and perseverance is the formula for success"
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com