C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 19:54:13 EDT
LOL! You go Gal! Oh Emma! When will people stop deciding things based on the
way our arms look?  Well, while I lived at an Ashram, I played an instrument
called a Harmonium. You pump it with one hand, and use the other hand to play
3 octaves of keys.  It's very demanding work, because you're also sitting
cross-legged on the floor with it. I did the noon chants and the slow chant
of a 24 hour (or one week long!) chant - my shifts were at 4 a.m. when only 4
people would be coming, since everybody else would be taking a rest. ;->

I don't have access to a piano, or even my little organ anymore.

Mag