C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ana villaflor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:47:48 -0300
Sorry, Jan but its available for me to know how old you were when you were
operated,and how old are you now.
Iam pt here in Argentina.Its common here, that when children  with CP are
ready to learn how to walk or to begin with all the first steps about
walking,surgeons decide to operate them.
Sometimes Pt fight with the doctors, because we want to do the best without
surgery,avoiding the idea and having controlls on deformedly positions with
speciall tecniques as Bobath,Pėto,Castillo Morales or Souchard ones.In my
own experience, if we will wait all about the surgery in patients and we wil
not have the rutin exercises at home,nothing changes.
Sorry about my english. Ana Villaflor.