C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:27:31 -0700
The auto industry (specifically GM and Chrysler) is looking for at least 25
billion in aid from the government because their stock has lost most of its
value, and with the credit crunch, companies can't get money to retool, and
people are having difficulty financing new cars.  A lot of it is Detroit's
fault for having invested so heavily in large SUV's over the years.  When
gas prices hit around $4.00 a gallon, sales of SUV's plumeted.  There are
several large auto plants that are closing.  I heard of one in Ohio
yesterday that will close on December 22nd that made the Chevy Tahoe and
Suburban.  Here are a couple of websites:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/18/AR2008111802260.html?hpid=sec-business

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/business/20auto.html?hp

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a1JNoT8ilnKk&refer=home

--