C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:35:51 -0500
Even more importantly, the both Lewis and especially Tolkien were writers of
the little person making a big difference and influencing many other good
writers of fantasy today.  Ok, I am an admitted Tolkien fan.  The books have
many themes running through them but, think about it.  This funny little man
"hafling" is the one who is able to resist evil (ok, I spoiled the trilogy
for you) when others who were from far "greater" races could not.

Beth the OT

Subject: Re: LOTR (WAS: Re: Fw: Manchester Olympics?)

In a message dated 2/13/02 1:42:52 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Most popular epics have the "good vs. evil" theme, and it's a very common
>thread in folklore.  Of course, in spite of cross-cultural similarities
>in basic good vs. evil themes, the specifics of such are culture-specific
>and time-specific.

Reminds me of Carl Jung and "Man and His Symbols". Jung was the TRUE genius
of the 20th Century in my book.

Bobby