C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karen K. Perlow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:33:06 EDT
Thoughts from John (Eman8tions) . . .

Everything takes time.

Life can be a very slow miracle.

Technology moves us toward instant gratification. Turn on the faucet, water.
No more trips to the well.  Turn up the thermostat. No more chopping wood.

I want satisfaction now, understanding now.

But things require patience, years before development.

Plant the seed. Watch it grow. Wait for it to grow. Get used to things in
their time.

Humility and Patience go together. They calm the wild brothers, Anger,
Frustration, and Fear.

I am at peace today with wanting and needing. I have asked them to sit
quietly and wait.

Small steps, one particle at a time, resting when I need to, taking time out
for contemplation, no hurry.

Look at how long everything takes.

I know. It’s been a long time.

There’s the teaching: More patience.

Eman8tions
Copyright © 2001  by John MacEnulty
4/9/2001, St. Louis, MO
Web sites:
http://hometown.aol.com/eman8tions/myhomepage/business.html
Please feel free to forward Eman8tions
to anyone you think will enjoy it or benefit from it.
If you are receiving Eman8tions as a forward
please feel free to subscribe for yourself.

Subscription is free. Email your request to